Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Our "almost" toddler

So this is a very short post... but I had to write something because I'm too excited! Today Lucia (10 months) managed to stand up on her own! She has stood up by holding on to furniture before, but this time she pushed herself off the floor... AND took her first step!!!! Thankfully, Chauncey and I were both in the room when it first happened. So we cheered for her like two crazy, proud parents! Of course, we startled her and she fell on her bum :)

Chauncey went off to work that afternoon. And when Lucia woke up from her nap, she remembered what she had learned and started standing and jumping on her feet, without holding on to anything! She did this for about 15 mins non-stop! She would get up and look at me, waiting for a cheer. And so I cheered! It was way fun for the both of us. Unfortunately, my camera was in the car, and I was watching a friend's baby and Lucia, so I have no pictures or recordings of that. But tomorrow I will wake up with my camera at hand and I promise pictures and maybe even a video ;)

Ahhhhh! I love my little girl...

1 comment:

Howse Family said...

yay Lucia!! That's so exciting!! :) Can't wait to see it!!